Thursday, April 22, 2010

New $100 Bill Won't "Foil" Inflationists

A Bloomberg piece describes the unveiling of the new euroesque US $100 bill to be rolled out in 2011. http://bit.ly/95gvxm. The bill is being introduced to fight counterfeiting - as if that is our major fiscal problem!

The article informed me several things I did not know. The $100 bill is now the largest bill printed by the U.S.. The $500 and $1000 bills are still in circulation, but are mostly being sopped up by collectors. The new $100 will feature a new 3-D security ribbon. I think I'll wait until the new bill comes out and use it to buy the DVD for Avatar - just to do it poetic justice. The new money will bear Timothy Geithner's signature - oh joy.

Disappointingly, I did not see in the article any mention that the money will foil the efforts of the inflationists who pervade our federal government. In fact, I suspect quite the opposite.

No comments: