Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Analysis of A Women's Conference

My wife does a great marketer's analysis of a conference she attended in Portland a couple of weeks ago.

I went to a Time Out For Women conference in Portland last weekend. As a marketer, I can’t attend as just an audience member; I must analyze their marketing and look for areas where they should’ve asked my advice [wink].

I actually was impressed with this conference. They did a lot of things right. Here are 4 great ideas the conference did right, their table covers, their use of printed stickers, their giveaway bag, and their use of special conference pricing, and 1 idea to shorten their long lunch lines, a typical conference problem.

Table Covers: Logo or No Logo?

They had nice table covers displaying their products. They hung well, which is a way you can tell they were on the nice side rather than the cheaply made side. These table covers weren’t logoed, but I didn’t think that was a mistake on their part. They had less than 10 tables full of product. They didn’t need their table to stand out among the crowd, which is when logoed table covers earn their keep, because there wasn’t a crowd of competing sellers. . . .

You can finish the article here

No comments: