Friday, October 26, 2007

I was working on the web tonight and researching tradeshows. I think I am going to write a series of articles about marketing ones company at the top trade shows. I did not realize that there was so much volatility among the top trade shows, and that a couple of tradeshows Comdex and E3 that were the top tradeshows just a couple of years ago are either dormant or entirely restructured. It appears that the granddaddy of all trade shows as of this writing is CES, the Consumer Electronics Show. It has over 140,000 attendees! I'd love to attend that show.

I've always dreamed of attending a major auto show as well. My brother Daniel and I both love cars, and we have talked about flying into Detroit to attend the Detroit Auto Show. Both of us have families and limited vacation time, and it has not happened yet, but some day it will.

I think it is shows like CES that have driven the demand for flash drives in the promotional products industry. I would say that they are the hot promotional products story of the last five years, as five years ago they practically didn't exist. We have sold thousands of flash drives, and I believe that we have sorted through the junk and selected a couple of the highest quality suppliers. You can check out American Promotions' flash drives here.

No comments: