Saturday, November 15, 2008

Need More Sports

I didn't grow up a very athletic guy. I regret it a little. I wish I would have been more involved in team sports. I played some basketball with a pick-up team at my church, and I practiced basketball a lot at home, because I wanted to be better. The only other sport which I really did competitively was swimming and I really enjoy swimming. My grandparents had a swimming pool and in the summer months, I used to swim four or five times a week. I was on a swimming team in 6th and 7th grades, and I really enjoyed that. We traveled to meets, and I did ok, and placed here and there.

I would like my children to be more involved in athletics than I am too, but at present that is not going so well. We have a big family, and I work a lot, and my children seem to be more interested in creating things, the sciences, books, stories, hiking, camping and cooking and the like. Those are fantastic skills and interests, but I would like them to be a little more involved in sports, and I guess I just need to make it more of a priority. I had my three oldest children in Little League for a while and that was fun, but all of the driving around just became a little too heavy.

Anyway, I need to put more emphasis on physical activity with my kids and sports.

Promotional products are a natural tie in with sports. One of my favorite vendors is Sport Products. It's a pretty unimaginative name for a company, but they have a great focused line of promotional sports balls and a bunch of cheering items as well. I really like their line of soft sport footballs.

On the americanpromotions.com website, I found lots of cool football promotional products. I really liked the mini football with laces. It is just really sharp looking with a logo. I also really liked the micro mini football by Sport Products. It can be made in all kinds of school colors.

No comments: