Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free Design With Purchase of Promotional Item

I saw something for the first time today which I think is potentially going to be a major trend in promotional products marketing. ETS Express, one of my favorite promotional products suppliers is now offering ready prepared designer graphic wraps for several of their stainless steel water bottles.

These wraps are colorful, customizable and you can just insert your logo and order. They really aren't anything more than graphic design done for you, and included in the price of the water bottle. They are also very smart, on ETS part, because they encourage additional upcharges as the customer needs to pay additional run charges to replicate some of the designs. And several of the retail water bottle companies have bright colorful designs like this, and so I can see these being popular in the promotional arena as well for those that can afford them.

I think we may see more pre-designed graphics which can be used in connection with a corporate logo to really dress up the look of a promotional product. In an earlier post, I mentioned designer neoprene computer sleeves, with the designer stripes already worked in.

I see this high level of customization becoming more and more prevalent in the industry.

No comments: