Monday, October 17, 2011

Product Review: Promotional Sweatshirt Blankets

My eldest daughter just entered high school. I'm rather in shock, because I can't believe she's old enough and I can't believe I'm old enough.

With her in high school, I expect she'll want to go to outdoor football games (high school football is really big in our town). I remember my high school football days. The bright lights, the loud cheering, the chilly fall air...NO, I didn't actually play. But in my senior year I wore the school mascot suit, taking turns with my twin sister, riling up the crowd. It was a comet suit. Yes, most unusual mascot.

A popular school sport promotion is the sweatshirt blanket.

People use sweatshirt blankets to keep warm and show school spirit as spectators, like this woman in a Hunter green promotional sweatshirt blanket....


or like this sport participant wearing a red sweatshirt blanket, and, um, little else.

Imprinted sweatshirt blankets roll up small, making them slightly more portable than the also popular fleece promotional blankets or plush promotional blankets

For other school event promotional accessories, check out these fold-out stadium cushions, self-inflating stadium cushions, football shaped stadium cushions, as well as stadium noisemaker sticks (here's the AP video of those noisemakers).

What was the mascot of your school? Anyone else have a Comet for their mascot?


No comments: