Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Frisbee, Disk or Flyer?


There's a new ultimate frisbee course going in near my neighborhood. That place was a weedy eyesore, so I'm glad it'll be better used space. It reminds me of my college days, when I played a game of ultimate frisbee.

I had imagined the game to be a friendly throw and catch game. I was wrong. The males on both teams were out for blood. And I was a disk thrower on the wobbly side and a disk catcher on the, well, occasional side. I didn't last long.

However, that wasn't the last time I played with a flyer. I threw for a bit with one of my sons last fall. We had a fabulous time. And we were evenly matched, my 10 year old and I.

But I have no idea where that disk ended up. With warm weather approaching, I need to get another. I was looking through our catalog and saw two disks that were 100% recyclable. One even has an "enhanced biodegradability additive." I pictured me throwing a disk into the branches of a tall tree, or having it miss my frisbee partner and ending up in a river. Yes, with my frisbee prowess, I could see the value of an "enhanced biodegradability additive."

Have you ever thrown a frisbee? Do you call it a frisbee or disk or flyer??

No comments: