Thursday, July 02, 2009

I wish I had one of these

Many years ago, I was driving an RV from Utah to Southern Oregon with my wife, her sister and a bunch of college friends who were returning to Oregon for the holiday. It was my wife's parents' RV. It was 1 in the morning, in the middle of barren Nevada desert, and we missed our turn. Since we hadn't seen another car for a long time, we decided to turn the RV around in the middle of the highway. Well, we underestimated how narrow the highway was, and we ended up forced into inching back and forth, trying to get the beast of an RV turned around. As we were broadside, a semi truck appeared, heading our way. We had no headlights or tail-lights pointed toward him to even let him know we were there. In desperation we drove off the road and promptly got stuck in the mud. Eventually we were rescued--but I could have used these emergency flashers.

I like the magnet in the base that holds the emergency flasher to the top of the vehicle. The design is clever, and I want one for my car. And my in-laws' RV!

American Promotions sells these flashers here.

No comments: