Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Favorite Water Bottles Picks


Today I worked two videos about the white and clear Visstun cups.  As I was analyzing them, deciding features which to highlight, I realized I like how comfortable they are to drink from.  Some plastic cups have a sharp edge on their rim. The Visstun cups have a rolled, rounded rim. This realization led to some drinking introspection.

Like lots of people, I try to drink the healthy 8 cups of water a day. Something that helps me drink more liquid is a comfortable drinking experience. It's not something I've thought much about. But, I realize that I have some drinking-comfort-opinions.

At home, I prefer glasses over plastic cups, the bigger the glass the better. Especially if I'm at the home computer, because I'll drink a lot of water without realizing it if it's next to me (but I get too busy on the computer to get up and refill it).

At restaurants, I prefer a straw with my ice water rather than drinking it from the glass. Probably because those glasses typically have so much ice. Ever taken a sip of water and have the ice suddenly shift, sploshing water down your front? Dislike. I prefer straws when I have ice. So if I want ice in my water bottle, I'd choose this H2Go Aqua water bottle (with its large opening) and use this H2Go Athans water bottle if I'm drinking liquid ice-less.

At the office, I prefer to drink from a water bottle--if I accidentally knock it over, a water bottle won't spill and ruin my computer or papers. I like a BPA free water bottle, so I don't drink any toxins..

And I just decided while writing this that I prefer spouts to open lids. I drink more water if I suck it up through a straw or spout than sipping with a rimmed cup. My current personal favorites (my co-workers have their own favs) are the Spirit Tumbler (it has a permanent straw and can used with hot cocoa or ice water)...

Spirit Tumbler 16 oz.

 And the H2Go Soho water bottle (it's BPA free).

I know, the SoHo doesn't have a spout. It's not a hard and fast rule. And I like the feel of the SoHo lid.

But I won't leave you hanging. My current favorite water bottle with a spout is the H2Go Hydra:
H2Go Hydra
One of the benefits of working for a promotional product company is that I can try out all kinds of water bottles!

ADDED LATER:
My Visstun video is now edited and ready, so here it is:

No comments: