Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bamboo Promotions

I've seen a trend toward promotions made of bamboo. I've always liked bamboo. I like it as a flooring. I like fabrics made from bamboo, and I love the exotic beauty of a bamboo forest. It grows and regenerates so quickly, which makes it a wonder renewable resource for making things.

One of my favorite examples of the ethereal beauty of a bamboo forest is in the movie The House of Flying Daggers. This is not my favorite movie in this genre (my favorite is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and there are a couple of fundamentally flawed plot elements in Flying Daggers, but the battle scene which takes place in the bamboo forest is pure artistry.

Here are three fun promotional items which capture the beauty of bamboo:

Bamboo Keyhole Game
Bamboo Brainbuster Game
Bamboo Clip

No comments: