Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Enjoying RatePoint

RatePoint practices what it preaches. The website's motto is "Reputation is Everything" and RatePoint is definitely living up to it. I wrote about this company about a month ago, and they continue to impress.

American Promotions has been signed up with their service for about five weeks - first for a free trial period and now with a paid subscription. Soon after signing up, I received a personalized email with a representative of the company offering to set up a time to walk me through the service. I went ahead and set up an appointment, and the rep spent a solid 20-25 minutes with me on the phone showing off the features. Talk about ease of use! The service imports your contacts like any other service does, but the power comes in the tools used to manage those contacts and to get feedback both negative and positive from a business's customers.

RatePoint is similar (from what I understand) to Constant Contact. It is an online contact management service which enables a business to send email communications to opt-in lists of contacts. It is subscription based, and is very affordable starting at about $17 - $18 a month.

The service differentiates itself with their customer feedback and surveys which I'm excited to try out. My graphic designer and I are also very pleased with the email design building tool. There are over 100 templates predesigned to choose from, and every component of the template can be easily modified with basic skills to produce a slick and professional looking product.

After spending more than an hour toying with the various features of the email design system, I wanted to go over it with our in-house graphic designer. I quickly used the live chat with a RatePoint CSR and to learn whether we could both go into the design editor remotely on the same account and review it simultaneously. I learned this is totally possible, and you can even collaboratively edit the same template together (similar to Google docs). However, it is not recommended as it requires frequent refreshing or you end up undoing each others work.

I'll post more about the service as I learn more about it and use it. Continually impressed.

No comments: