Saturday, September 12, 2009

Promotional product distributors I admire

I'm in the business of selling promotional products. I founded American Promotions, Inc. in 1996 while I was still in college. In recent years, our company has moved online, and we have found that most of the more innovative businesses in our industry have a substantial online presence.

So when I see competition which are web savvy and doing it right, I take notice.

I've decided to give some of the competition a sincere hat tip:

1. 4imprint.com They are one of the biggest, but one of the best. I admire everything about the way they do their website. They are innovative. The Slide tool is ingenious and patent pending (darn it!). They are the industry leader in building trust.

2. promopeddler.com These folks are fellow Oregonians. They are very smart with their search engine optimization and the "Ideas Guru" blog and videos are a lot of fun as well as a good way for buyers to get the creative juices flowing.

3. discountmugs.com Technologically, these guys are awesome. They allow you to design the image and artwork on your drinkware right on the website, and they direct sell a good percentage of the merchandise on the site, so the pricing is fantastic. I have read reviews that their product quality isn't very good. Maybe that is why buyers continue to find little sites like ours. ;)

4. inkhead.com The name and the logo rock!

When the competition is as good as the companies above, I don't mind saying so. One day our site will reach those lofty levels.

No comments: