Thursday, October 09, 2008

Promoting for Halloween

Halloween is big business. I enjoy the holiday, because I like the excitement my kids derive from it. But my idea of a good Halloween is pretty tame. I hate horror moview. Actually, I'm not sure that I've ever even seen a REAL horror movie. Does The Dark Knight count? That is actually one of my favorites.

Anyway, I read in the Detroit News tonight that National Retail Federation estimates that Halloween is a $5 billion retail bonanza. Businesses are increasingly jumping onboard as a means to promote everything from safety to just a good time.

We have a modest collection of Halloween promotional products at American Promotions, but we could certainly improve it. I think we have sold a couple of orders this year - some trick-or-treat bags and some bat pens.

No comments: